Wednesday, April 8, 2015

SHREM'S DOUBLE TROUBLE: "1 2 3 4" - Samantha Urbani /// "RUNNER" - GL


It doesn't get any more fabulously 80's that this pair of juicy "plastic-fantastic" tunes. First up "1 2 3 4" by Samantha Urbani from Friends which I have initially mistakenly taken as another Blood Orange production, considering the pair's amazing joint efforts before (both studio and live). The track is co-produced by Urbani herself and Sam Mehran from Test Icicles. The instantly addictive "1 2 3 4", as pointed out by my dear muso friend and fellow-blogger Piotrek from No Snobs Allowed, is very early-Madonna which is always a bonus.

The second track comes from my personal favourite 1980's revivalists, Melbourne's retro duo GL who stole my heart and my ears with their stunning self-titled debut EP with Plastic World last year. "Runner" is taken from a limited-edition cassette release, titled "Love Hexagon" which you can purchase now on Bandcamp HERE. Back in December I listed GL as one of the Top 10 Hottest Newcomers of the year.





For those who are still not familiar with GL here's "What Happened To Us?" from their wondrous 2014 EP: