Thursday, January 7, 2016

SHREM'S WORLDLY DELIGHTS: "GECƏLƏR KEÇIR" - DiHaj


To keep the sounds eclectic and unpredictable I am initiating the 7th year of my über-nerdy blogging with this popular Azerbaijani folk song "Gecələr Keçir" re-arranged to a modern note with an Orient scented electronic production. Diana Hajiyeva is a Jazz singer from Baku who teamed up with 2 musical compatriots Anar and Ali for a side project DiHaj. I have always had a soft spot for the Central Asian sounds and "Gecələr Keçir" seems like a pretty perfect fusion of the two artistic worlds I enjoy as a music geek. One of my new year's resolutions for SHREM'S CAROUSEL OF ÜBER NERDINESS is to research and share sounds from lesser known corners of the globe so here's DiHaj to revive this little "Worldly Delights" thread of mine.